Photo Gallery | SLIDESHOW: 12 arrested, warrants out for others involved in Time Warner Cable theft
BLADEN COUNTY, NC (WECT) – A 47-year-old man from Elizabethtown was arrested by the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office for using the names of military officials to purchase TV services through Time Warner Cable.
Darryl Dewitt McMaster, of the 100 block of Airport Road, would find individuals who wanted to purchase cable and would use names that he fraudulently obtained to have the service turned on, according to Captain Rodney Hester.
When the listed individuals received the monthly bill, they would throw it away. It reportedly took Time Warner Cable about three months to figure out that a crime had occurred.
Hester said the names being used by McMaster were those of military officials or former military officials so the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Inspector General Criminal Division assisted in the case. It is unclear how McMaster obtained the names.
McMaster is wanted for 36 counts of conspiracy to obtain property by false pretense and 36 counts of identity theft. He is also reportedly wanted in the state of Virginia for the similar crimes.
Anyone with information about McMaster’s whereabouts is asked to call the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 910-862-6960.
The following individuals were arrested and charged with obtaining property by false pretenses within the past two weeks, according to Hester:
- Gloria Ann Mitchell, 52, of 148 Todd Britt Ct. Bladenboro
- Shannon Lakesha Smith, 31, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 12 Clarkton
- Fredricka Elizabeth Blanks, 32, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 15 Clarkton
- Amanda Nicole Gray, 22, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 17 Clarkton
- Terri Monique Smith, 28, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 12 Clarkton
- Millicent Scarmelia Parker, 48, of 1007 NC 211 W. Clarkton
- Gwendolyn Ataria Sledge, 29, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 26 Clarkton
- Brandon Leonard Jones, 26, of 42 Edgewood St. Clarkton
- Theresa Nicolette Jones, 35, of 19898 S. College St. Clarkton
- Melissa Faye McKoy, 44, of 192 Jasmine Lane Clarkton
- Talia Angelic Matthews, 28, of 86 Jasmine Lane Clarkton (photo unavailable)
- Jacqueline Wooten, 42, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 21 Clarkton
Hester reported that the following individuals have outstanding warrants for their arrest for obtaining property by false pretenses:
- Ovenia Johnson, 42, of 102 Bladenboro Airport Rd Bladenboro
- Connie Trella Kelly, 38, of 140 Holly Britt Ct. Bladenboro
- Curtis Jerome Mitchell, 31, of 1101 Richardson Rd. Elizabethtown (photo unavailable)
- Felicia Michelle Smith, 36, of 225 Jasmine Lane Clarkton
- Tabatha Latana Chancy, 36, of 10898 S. College St. Apt. 11 Clarkton
- Charles Gregory Adams, 47, of 131 Johnson Rd. Elizabethtown
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.